Saturday, April 25, 2009

Country Music Half Marathon

We awoke in the morning darkness at 4:15 am to get ready for the Country Music Half Marathon and Marathon. I can't even tell you the last time that I was awake, intentionally, at 4 am. We got our gear and headed downtown to begin this adventure. It was going to be a hot and humid day with temperatures in the high 80's. The course was hilly and hot but we all accomplished our goal and crossed that finish line.

My goal...was to finish in 3 hours. My official race time was 3:00:46.

Mission accomplished!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

You did great! I found out that the runner who died was a 25-year-old soldier with a heart weakness. He had survived five tours of duty to Afghanistan and Iraq. Sad!

cathryn said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment!! Good job :)