Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cali Day Three

I am serious when I say that I can totally get used to this sunshine thing every day. It ROCKS! We headed out this morning to cover some shopping ground in Los Angeles by starting at The Grove. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast outside of course at this restaurant called The Farm. I had the most delicious french toast and latte that I think I've ever had. That's the best fuel for shopping :)
We then headed straight to Nordstrom's and lucky for us it was their annual Half Yearly sale. I got a great deal on a pair of shoes and picked up a couple other things in their BP department. I also had to visit The American Girl Place and got something fun for my niece. Mostly I just enjoyed walking around the outdoor mall. From there we drove over to the Beverly Center (another mall) to hit H&M but I was surprised to not really find anything that I really liked. I did pick up a fun necklace and bracelet. From there we drove over to Robertson Blvd to check out some of the boutiques. It was fun to walk the couple of blocks and pop into stores like Kitson and Lisa Kline. All of this shopping had worked up our appetites so we decided to get a late lunch at Barefoot Cafe. We once again took advantage of outdoor seating and enjoyed their brunch menu including $5 mimosas. After refueling, we made the drive to Beverly Hills, down Rodeo Drive and all the way to the Sunset where we came upon the infamous Beverly Hills Hotel
We got back home earlier than we planned so we vegged around and then got ready for a night out on Sunset Boulevard. We had reservations at 7:15 at hotspot
Ketchup and we scored a table with a view...view of the Hollywood Hills to be exact. It was perfect...great people, food and conversations.
Amy and her friend Patrick (our great host)
Amy and I at Ketchup
The night was young and we decided to venture a couple blocks and check out one of Amy's favorite bars called Skybar. You have to check out the link to see how amazing this bar is....nestled uptop a building with a fabulous view of the city, we settled into comfy seating up in the bar area and enjoyed the evening. We also got to have a bit of a celebrity sighting by seeing actor, Michael Vartan seated at a table next to us. If any of you watched Alias then you know him as character Michael Vaughn. If your like me and never watched Alias, you might recognize him from a movie called "Never Been Kissed" where he played the love interest of Drew Barrymore. Nevertheless it made the night fun.

Patrick and Amy enjoying the evening at Skybar
Amy and I enjoyed our little bungalow at Skybar

1 comment:

cathryn said...

So THAT'S where you disappeared to - California! :) Gald you were able to get away for some fun!