Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cali Day 4 & 5

Sunday...another sunny day....I absolutely LOVE this weather. I went with Amy to the church she used to attend while living in Cali and then we drove over to Malibu to enjoy lunch. We went to this place right on the oceanfront called Dukes. We had a little wait to sit outside but it was so worth it :) The view was great and the seafood was delicious. We drove back through the Pacific Palisades and Brentwood...I love looking at all the homes in the hills. We enjoyed a relaxing late afternoon by the pool at Patrick's house and then we all headed to a movie that evening. Just a relaxing Sunday.
On Monday, we once again enjoyed the perks of Patrick's connection because he scored us "Front of the Line Passes" for Universal Studios. We did a backlot tour and a couple rides. It was so fun and took some pictures below:


I love being in the hills and all the viewpoints


You can see the Warner Bros Studios from Universal


We grabbed an early dinner at Outback (Amy and Patrick's favorite restaurant) and then made our way to the Griffith Park Observatory. Talk about an amazing view of the cities. The actual observatory was closed but it was still great to be out in the amazing weather and to see all the views.

Griffith Park Observatory


You can see the Hollywood sign in the distance
Spectacular view of downtown LA

One last shot of the Hollywood Sign on our way back home.

I actually had the best vacation that I have had in a loooong time. I rarely gave a seconds thought to work stuff and pretty much had my blackberry off (well at least the sound was off) the whole time. The weather was perfect and I really felt relaxed despite all our fun activities. I definitely hope to get back out there again! I think I left my heart in Cali.....

No comments: