Friday, May 1, 2009

NOT a great week....

I am so glad that I have made it through this week....it's not been the best of weeks so naturally to see it come to an end...well it couldn't come soon enough. I had such a great time last weekend with my friends in town and accomplishing the Country Music Half Marathon. Its never fun to say goodbye to friends but it seems like after dropping my friend off at the airport, things slowly started to overwhelm me.

I found at that my grandfather who has been experiencing the onsets of Dimentia and Alzheimers for a while now was fast approaching the point where he was going to have to be under constant care (ie. nursing home) thus putting my mother under a great amount of stress because she is the Power of Attorney for both her parents and these decisions weigh heavy on her. But to understand the whole picture, you'd have to know my grandparents. My grandparents have been sweethearts to each other for the past 64 years. They truly embrace that "can't live without each other" kinda love that I pray to one day find. It breaks my heart to think of how this transition affects my grandmother and my grandfather, regardless of his state of mind. I have spent much time in prayer for our family this week and am trying to find my peace in HIS arms.

And if that is not enough, I then had some "boy drama" get dumped in my lap. Mind you, I am NOT in a relationship with any boy, so the fact that there is even drama that I would have to deal with is almost laughable. My emotions are already heavy because of the stuff my family is dealing with so clearly this was neither the time or place for me to try to sort through said drama. I'm not even going to dive into details but the fact the "drama" gets this much space on my blog is RIDICULOUS! All I will say is that without trust and honesty, a friendship cannot exist, let alone a relationship.

This weekend comes at a time when I really need some rest....emotionally, mentally, etc. I don't have much planned so that helps and I think some "alone" time will do me good!

1 comment:

cathryn said...

So sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know from personal experience how devastating Alhzeimer's is :(

Also curious about the "boy drama"! :)