Thursday, February 25, 2010

A loooong week

It's been a long week and it's not even Friday yet.

I was prepared as I could be for a busy work week. We are t-minus 7 days until they board the ship and set sail for another 5 week excursion which means a bit of a break for me (although not really). It also means t-minus 7 days for my own vacation as I am so excited to be heading back west, this time to Arizona to see my dearest friend Ruthann, her husband Matt and her son Wesley.

What I wasn't prepared for was to have a close friend of our family pass away :( He was only a year older than I and our families practically grew up together. I have so many fond memories of all the times that we shared throughout our lives. I know that he is in a much better place but I do feel heartbroken for his family...and he has a great family! It's just another one of those things in life we have that we have to face but I am so thankful for HIS Peace that passes all understanding.

I also wasn't prepared for my boss to give me tomorrow off! I won't complain although I know that I have lots to do. I'm just going to force myself to enjoy this 3 day weekend and let the work wait till Monday.

1 comment:

RU said...

YAY :) for a day off.
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Sad.
I can't wait to see you in 3 days!
hugs.