Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Hump Day!

I cannot believe that it's already Wednesday (time just doesn't stop) but it has been a great week thus far despite staying pretty busy. I had a good time in Indiana this weekend celebrating Father's Day but had expectations of returning on Sunday to having to travel with my boss on Monday. Thankfully, I found out on Monday morning that I would not have to travel this week :) Don't get me wrong, I love that my job requires some travel but I was also hoping that I would get some time at home this week and some productive work time with little interruptions or errands to run. I have actually been able to work out of my office downtown for full 8 hour days and have not had to cart my computer around everywhere. It's been very nice and feels good to catch up work stuff, appointments, etc.



The other great thing about being in town is being able to have my evenings free to workout and spend quality time with friends. And even though it can be somewhat exhausting when you have something planned every evening, I am just happy to spend time with others. (and perhaps I am trying to catch up on people time after my week of vacationing alone). My work schedule over the past 3 almost 4 months has been pretty busy so it's been hard to be able to spend time with some of my friends and it does make me sad SO I am trying to make a conscious effort to be as available as I can and take advantage of time to hang out. Monday night after working out at the Y, I met my friend Crazy Amy for dinner at one of our fave places, Chick-fil-a! Last night I met up with my friends Caron, Michael, Caron's brother Jon, Tam and two other couples at a Nashville Sounds baseball game...it was a BLAST! I hope to get some pictures from Michael and I will post them but it really was the best time. The weather was perfect (calm mid-70's with a slight breeze) and the friendship was sweet! We also played the "hat game" (which I will explain at a later time) and I walked away a winner. And the highlight of the evening was the amounts of laughter...I can't even recall what was funny at the time but on several occasions I was laughing so hard that tears were cried and I thought I was going to vomit! Laughter really is good medicine.



Tonight I plan on spending some time with Jen and we are going to a Pilates class and then a Cardio-Sculpt class (you do realize that I probably won't be able to move tomorrow). You know things are busy in life when you don't even see the person you live with. I miss not getting to talk to her so I am excited that we have tonight planned out to do just that. The rest of my week is planned with things and more people to see even into the weekend but I am looking forward to it all and even squeezing in some "alone" time at the pool on Saturday!

No comments: