Thursday, June 5, 2008

Last Day in Charleston

So for my last day in Charleston, I actually used the alarm clock to get up early and I headed to downtown Charleston to do a 2 1/2 hour walking tour through the historic city of Charleston. Being the history buff that I am, I thoroughly enjoyed the tour and the exercise. Here are some pictures from the tour:

Our tour started at the historic Mills House Hotel

One of our first stops along the tour: you'll notice the earthquake bolts built in the homes.

The beautiful homes along "The Battery" with the views of the waterfront.
The Battery

The homes known as "rainbow row" One of the slave marts in town
The architecture of these buildings was so grand.
A historic church in downtown Charleston

I grabbed some lunch on my way back to Isle of Palm and then enjoyed a relaxing afternoon by the pool. I then decided for dinner that I would drive down the road to Sullivan's Island. I found a great restaurant to have dinner at, Poe's Tavern. I was able to sit outside on the porch and enjoyed a delicious burger. From there I drove about 5 minutes down the road to Ft. Moultrie and walked on the beach for a little while and took some more pictures.

Fort Moultrie

You can see Ft. Sumter from the beaches of Sullivan's Island

See, I really did go to South Carolina :)


After spending some time on Sullivan's Island, I headed back to Isle of Palm and did some shopping and caught the late show of "Made of Honor". It was your typical, cutesy romantic comedy. I got back to the beach house and went straight to bed as I flew out the next day.

1 comment:

RU said...

yeah! looks like a ball and you look so rested :) I am so happy that is was such a great time for you.
HUGS :) RU