Monday, June 2, 2008

Day of Travel

Well I am finally off on a much deserved "working" vacation to Charleston, SC. When I was trying to recall the last time that I flew, I realized that it had been almost 2 years since I had traveled via airplane. I flew from Nashville to Atlanta and had about an hour and half lay over and then on to Charleston. I brought along a new book so the travel time seemed to go by rather fast but I must say that since I had a window seat I was able to enjoy the views of flying. I forgot how beautiful it was to fly through the clouds and to arrive in a sea of endless bright blue sky.

Instead of driving straight to Isle of Palm where our beach house is, I headed for downtown Charleston to check out the sights and grab dinner at a place called "Sticky Fingers" (thanks for the recommendation, Uncle Jeff & Aunt Tammy). I then walked around the shops on King St. and the Charleston Place Hotel. I took this picture below because the last place I worked was called TMP. I just thought it was quite funny.
I finally arrived without any difficulties (thanks to my own personal On-Star abilities) to Isle of Palm. While driving on the connector from US 17 to IOP, you cross the Atlantic InterCoastal Waterway and it reminded me of what I imagine parts of North Carolina to look like. I say "imagine" because I have never been to the Outer Banks of NC but would love to some day. Anyways, I got settled into my room and then took my camera and journal out to the beach.
I really loved this picture as I barely captured the setting sun over one of the sand dunes.

After my little stay on the beach, I ran to Target to grab a couple things and some food for this week and then pretty much relaxed in my room and did some more reading. Traveling always makes me tired so it was early to bed for a good nights sleep.

No comments: