Saturday, May 31, 2008

Birthday Blessings

So my family arrived into Nashville around 11:30 on Saturday and it was so great to have them in to celebrate my birthday. We left my dad behind to get some rest while the girls went to Shopry Mills (actually it's called Opry Mills Outlet Mall) but I prefer to call it Shopry Mills. We love hitting stores such as The Gap Outlet as you can always find great deals on Gap clothes. We spent our afternoon there and then swung by to pick up my dad for an early dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory.
The Family at Old Spaghetti Factory

Me and my parents

Elaysha(love her funny face), Holly and Me

Mom brought a cake from The Donut Bank...my favorite bakery in Evansville!

I mentioned an early dinner because we had tickets to the Nashville Sounds game which started at 6pm. We mainly went to the game because the Iowa Cubs (Triple A team for Chicago Cubs) were in town and of course baseball is something I enjoy. It was a great game with an extra inning, the Iowa Cubs winning and a wonderful display of fireworks after the show. Here are a couple picks from the game.

Me and E waiting in the concessions stand line. My family at the game...E was a little bored.
Crazy Amy joined us at the game!


I have to say that if turning another year older means spending quality time with my family and friends and being able to truly stop and enjoy the blessings of family time, then I wish every day was my birthday! I feel incredibly blessed :)

No comments: