Thursday, May 8, 2008

Medicine for the soul...

If you ever get a case of "the blahs" some of the best medicine around isn't actually found in a little pill but I have found it to be spending quality time with my friends. I have actually got to spend time with my friends this week and being in their company and cracking up at the silliest of things has been medicine to my soul. I have truly been blessed by the friends God has put in my life!

I am so thankful that tomorrow is Friday and that it's Mother's Day weekend because I am looking forward to driving back to Evansville to spend time with the family. I am actually more excited that usual to see the family, especially some quality time with my mom. After all, it's Mother's Day so what better way to celebrate mom than to spend time with her. I for see some shopping and a Starbucks run for sure! I will also get to see my sister Holly (also a Mom) and my niece Elaysha. I am actually going to Elaysha's soccer game on Saturday morning which should be fun to watch. Who knows what else the weekend will hold but it always goes by fast when back with the family. I'm sure I'll write more about it on Monday.

Have a great weekend and happy mom's day to all the mothers out there!

1 comment:

RU said...

so glad you are feeling better and perhaps the "blues" are passing? I am glad you have friends locally who love on you because you have friends in far away places who would love on you "live" if they were closer.
Miss ya!
Hoping you can visit sometime soon.