Saturday, May 17, 2008

What a week...

I didn't expect to be missing in action this week from my blog but this week seemed to get away from me and somewhere in the middle of it all, I was not feeling very good. I'm not for sure if it's slight allergy irritations as this is the season for that junk or if I was fighting off some other type of bug but I am feeling much better now! I've gotten in some good nights of sleep this week along with taking my Vitamin C again (I had run out last week) so hopefully I am over whatever it was that was slowing me down.

Work this week was a not as crazy as weeks past and we actually had some much needed "down" time to get stuff caught up, reorganized and we'll be ready to rock this week as we prepare for her daughters graduation next weekend. We are hosting a brunch before the ceremony next weekend and we are doing this event ourselves....I mean making everything. I made the invitations on the computer and sent those out weeks ago. We are doing all the flower arrangements, making all the food, everything. It will be a busy busy week but I am excited to see the fruits of our labor.

In the midst of a non-stop work schedule, I have decided that it would be "fun" to do a 10 mile race on June 21st that means last week I adopted a training schedule jumping in at week 4. Thankfully I have been running somewhat consistent over the past two months so I know that the 10 miles next month will be achievable. I did a 5k this morning that benefited the Tennessee Baptist Children's Home. I did this race last year and thought it would just be another way to get in low mileage while also contributing to a great organization. I clocked myself as finishing at 31:35 which is about 2:30 minutes faster than when I did this same course last year so that made me happy. I still would love to be an under 30 minute 5k'er. My motto for now is "slow and steady finishes the race".

I am looking forward to enjoying this weekend as I'll be working next weekend. Nothing much planned other than spending some quality time with my friends! YEAH :)

1 comment:

RU said...

cool- you are running more races :)
Me too! I have another one tomorrow near Wall St.
Should be fun!