Monday, May 26, 2008

Phase 10

Who would have ever thought that one card game could be so much fun?


If you are not familiar with this card game let me give you a little description right off the box...it's "a rummy type card game with a challenging and exciting twist!" The challenge is to be the first player to complete all ten phases and the twist is that the phase to be completed is specific for each hand. I was first introduced to this game back in my Colorado days when Ruthann and I would sit in our dungeon apartment and play for hours on end, even though it's better to play with more than 2 people. We basically used this time to hone our skills for when we would play in larger groups with friends from church.

I don't know why I even thought about it but a small group from church got together for dinner so I brought it along for an after-dinner option of entertainment. And let me tell you that it was very entertaining :) There were 5 of us total that played and I would have never guessed that one game could bring out so many different character qualities such as competitiveness, humility, grace, patience or in my case a lack there of, quick temper, thoughtfulness, concentration, humor....okay so some of these are qualities we would not want to claim but it was such a great way to get to know these friends better. And thanks to Brandon, I also learned that the word "run" can take on many different definitions!

Thanks to Phase 10, a good time was had by all!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am so bad at this game! I always get way behind. So sad. :( I did the Bolder Boulder! And I finished in 1:04. Better than I expected. I might do a half marathon with Krishana in August. We'll see. :)

cathryn said...

My grandparents are huge fans of this game. They're merciless! :)

RU said...

I love this game :) I always beat Matt at it!
Have you played Settlers of Catan yet? That is our all time favorite game. You gotta play it sometime.