Saturday, May 3, 2008

Working Weekend

I just realized that I really haven't blogged since my trip to FL so I best get back to it. I got a shorter work week because of the car issues at the end of the trip. Turns out that the computer in my car went bad, hence it not wanting to start. I asked the guy at the dealership "What makes a computer just quit working?" and he said that they have actually have some "issues" with the computers in the Corolla's but I now have a new one and that I was good to go. You would think that they might send out a bulletin or recall or something to let Corolla owners know of the potential problem. I am just thankful that I didn't break down in the middle of no-where Alabama and everything worked out just fine.

Well my work week isn't exactly shorter because I am staying with my bosses daughter all weekend since they are out of town. Actually I have been staying here since Tuesday night so you can only imagine how excited I am to return home tomorrow and the thought of being able to sleep in my own bed again thrills me immensely! This weekend has been pretty low key really. I slept in a little on Saturday morning and then met Jen for a late lunch and we got pedi's afterwards. I participated in the Cinco de Mayo 5k this evening. First of all, this will probably be the last "evening" race that I do because I'd prefer to get up early and run and be done with it. Secondly, I nearly missed the race. I was lounging around this afternoon thinking that the race started at 5:30 and when I decided to get online at 4:45 to make sure, I realized that the race actually started at 5:00...EEK! Thankfully I left the house at 4:50 and made record time downtown and literally was simultaneously pinning on my bib number and securing my car key when the gun sounded. I was at the back of the crowd which is fine just had to work my way out of the walkers/baby strollers and find a comfortable pace. Because I was late, I missed getting my chip timer but I used my watch and clocked myself at 31:25. Not too bad and a little better than my 5k in March. My only wish is that I had friends to run with me and do these fun events.

Tomorrow is Sunday and we are having a Singles Community kick-off after the 11 o'clock service at church so we are hopeful that we will meet some new Singles from within our church. Nothing much planned other than just looking forward to getting back home and being in my own place.

No comments: