Sunday, May 11, 2008

Fun in Evansville

Well my "blah"s are definitely a thing of the past after my fun weekend back in Evansville. As always my weekend was non-stop since I was back with the family but it was still rather relaxing. Friday night I did some shopping with my mom and our traditional run to Starbucks. Saturday morning I got up early....like 5:45 am early and went for a run with my dad. We did a 4 mile loop at a comfortable pace. I love running with my dad as we can usually carry on conversations...quality father/daughter time is precious to me. Sadly, my niece's soccer game was canceled but it gave me some more down time on Saturday morning before my hair appointment. There was some more shopping in the afternoon and then I took my parents out to dinner at one of my favorite local restaurants Hacienda.
Saturday night was rather relaxing at my parents house and Elaysha called around 8pm to see if she could stay all night with us. She brought over the movie "Alvin & the Chipmunks" which we watched before going to bed around 10pm. She wanted to sleep with me in the guest room so we had some fun snapping pictures in the dark:





Sunday morning we woke up to stormy weather and it was a blustery 50 degrees outside. BRRR! I could be wrong but I thought it was May. I am so tired of this crazy weather. I just want blue skies and sunshine everyday! Anywho, I didn't exactly bring the right attire for this weather and church so I watched my church in TN online instead of getting out in the yucky weather. We had my grandparents and other family over lunch on Mother's Day. It's always fun to gather with family. And my grandmother made her delicious homemade ice cream for dessert :) We also had gifts for our mother to open and I took a couple pictures:



After lunch and gifts, all of us girls (me, my mom, Elaysha, Holly and my cousins Tiffany and Hannah) watched a chick flick, "P.S. I Love You" and then I headed back to Nashville around 5:30 pm. It was such a good weekend and I know that my mom had a great Mother's Day. The only thing that was missing was our sister Amy who was unable to come up from Florida because she is still teaching in school. I used my drive back to talk to her on the phone and catch her up on all the weekend happenings.

I got back to Nashville around 8 pm, had a light dinner, unpacked, did some laundry and was in bed by 10pm. I feel recharged and ready for another week at work!

1 comment:

cathryn said...

that niece of yours is certainly a cutie!!