Thursday, May 22, 2008

Never been more ready for a Monday....

I know...you are wondering if you just read that right "...ready for a Monday"? but since I will be working all this weekend and I do mean working, I am looking forward to Monday....mostly because it's Memorial Day (a supposed paid holiday with my new job) and if the sun is shining then you'll be able to find me poolside. At least that is my plan.

This week has been as busy as I had anticipated it to be. There has been a couple unexpected turns but everything has continued to work out the way that it's supposed to work out. I'm not really all that talented when it comes to being in the kitchen but I am going to give it my all this weekend as we prepare a brunch for about 50 people. And when I say "prepare", I mean we are doing all the food and flower arrangements ourselves. It's going to be great! We have mapped out everything from prep work, cooking schedules, grocery lists, flower vases with certain flowers, everything! Whew.....

So I had hoped to run in the Urban 10K on Saturday morning but more than likely that will not happen as I know that Saturday will be a very full day at the house getting everything ready for Sunday's festivities. And I haven't been able to run much this week because of work schedules (as I also worked at Pottery Barn Kids on Wed. night). We all have overly full work weeks from time to time....it's just part of life. But I can say that I am definitely clinging to the hope of some downtime next week and hopefully some pool time on Monday! A girl can only dream....

No comments: