Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Some much needed downtime....

Well the family is gone and even though I still have work things to do and appointments to make/go to...it's finally a much needed slower pace. I feel like I can finally breathe. I have already been at my job for 3 months and let me tell you it been a busy 3 months. I am looking forward to a couple days of fun, my birthday weekend with friends and family and a leisurely "work" trip to Charleston, SC next week.

I spent a good part of my day doing some trip planning for next week in Charleston. First of all, I have never been to Charleston, SC. I have read much about this historic city of the south online today and being the history buff that I am, have found a couple great places/tours to do while there next week. The "work" aspect of my trip is that I will actually be the adult supervision for my bosses daughter who will be with her friends as they celebrate their recent graduation from high school. We will be staying at a beach home in Isle of Palm, SC (about 30 mins. NE of Charleston) but my boss has encouraged me to see lots of Charleston and that I don't have to be tied to the house or her daughters schedule....she told me to think of it as a "vacation". I can handle that....especially a vacation that's fully paid for! Secondly, I think it all my thirty plus years that this will be my first vacation that I will spend mostly by myself. Sure, it would be fun to have a friend to explore the city with but you know me and my "alone" time needs, I am actually excited to do this by myself. Of course, I am sure that I will be sharing much of it with everyone via my blog so that will be exciting too. Can't wait!

No comments: