Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Vacation Day 3-5 : Change O' Plans

So day three of our vacation started out lovely...we all got up by 8 am and drove to the Old Hwy 98 that runs parallel to the ocean and got in a good 30 minute run/walk to which we then rewarded our efforts by enjoying a delicious breakfast at The Donut Hole....YUMMY! We then headed back to the hotel and changed quickly to enjoy another day at the beach. Here is a picture that captures the view from my lounge chair on the beach (aaaahhhh):
After almost 5 hours of lounging by the ocean and pool, we got ready to head out for dinner at another great seafood place, Lucky Snapper. We loaded into my car and proceeded out of the parking garage when my car began to sputter and then died. UH OH! I tried several times to restart my car but to no avail. She would start for a couple of seconds and then I would see all the warning lights come on and she would die. (this can't be good, i thought). Thankfully, we were in the hotel parking lot and not on some highway in the middle of no where. We pushed her into a parking space and then I did what any girl does when she has car problems....I called my dad. Since my car is only a year old and under warranty, my dad and I agreed that she should be towed to the closest dealership. Jen has AAA so we took advantage of their towing services (thank you Jen) and I found online the closest dealership and called them to let them know of my situation. So much for leaving vacation on Sunday like planned. We got everything situated with my car and then loaded into Amy's car and went on about our evening plans of dinner and shopping. Dinner was good although I was preoccupied with my car dilemmas and the shopping was cut super short because of the delays thanks to my vehicle predicaments. But all in all it was another great day at the beach. I mean, I can think of worse places to have your car break down.
So after Sunday brunch and checking out, we loaded up and went back to Pensacola to stay with my sister and wait for the service department to open up on Monday. Sunday was a relaxing day with nothing much to do. Thankfully my car was repaired first thing Monday morning and we were on the road back to Nashville by 11 am. PTL! Don't get me wrong, I love being in the sunshine state but after a couple of days, it's nice to be back home!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Terah, my dear! THANK YOU for the birthday card. Also, I love your profile picture. I've had my picture taken by that exact glove. I miss you! When are you coming to Colorado?

RU said...

so what was wrong with your car? How did they fix it? What's her nickname by the way? I know you always name your cars :)
Glad it all worked out and you got home safely!

Suzanne said...

Also, I tagged you on my blog!