Monday, April 7, 2008

Super Busy Weekend

And now a Monday has almost come and gone and a new week is underway. Where did the weekend go? I know....it was spent working working working...

Friday was a rather dreadful, rainy day and despite my morning run in the rain (which was quite enjoyable...it really was fun) I quickly became irritable since I spent from 10 am - 4:30 driving about town doing errands and whatnot for the family. I really don't mind the errands, but having to be out in the rain and driving all over town amongst people who don't know how to drive in the rain, just highly frustrated me. And there was no rest for the weary, because I left the families house at 4:30 and drove to the Green Hills Mall to work at Pottery Barn Kids for 4 hours that night. I was able to grab dinner first at Panera Bread only to realize that I left my cell phone at the families house, so back in the rain I went and drove back to get my phone (thankfully they only live like 10 minutes from the mall)...all in all I had about 20 minutes to "rest" before working at 6 pm. And when I finally got home at 10:30 you would think that I would crash, but I had this boost of energy so I ended up doing laundry, cleaning my bathroom and reading a magazine before turning off the lights a little after midnight.

Saturday I had to set the alarm clock to be up by 8:30 because I had more a list of errands to do for the family event before I left town at 11 to head to their home in West TN. I left the house at 9:30 and go home around 5 o'clock...just in time to head to Jonathan's Grille to eat dinner and watch the Final Four game with Jen. GO MEMPHIS! We came home and changed and Jen went with me to a little Team in Training Fundraiser that a friend of mine had helped plan/promote. The main reason I wanted to go besides supporting a good cause, was to see Emily DeLoach sing. She has a unbelievably amazing voice and I knew that Jen would like her (even though she's a tough critic when it comes to female vocalists). I met Emily when I saw her perform for the first time at the Rutledge in February and it was fun that she remembered me. Besides her great voice and song writing talents, she just seems to be a real, down to earth person. I also have to say that the people watching at this event was quite spectacular and I think besides the music, it was truly the highlight of my night.

Sunday was another early morning and I failed at my attempt to be up even earlier than I needed to, to get in a run. I had to pick up a family friend and we drove back out to the families West TN home. The event was such a wonderful time and i already feel like such a part of the family. It's hard to actual call it "work" when i feel like I'm just spending time with family. I really am enjoying my job. When I headed back to Nashville it was almost 6 pm so I made use of the hour and a half car ride and called and talked to both of my sisters. I left a message for my dad, who also had a birthday and got home around 7. It was such a beautiful day out and the sun was slowly setting so I still managed to squeeze in a little 30 minute run in the neighborhood.

It was a busy weekend and really didn't seem like a weekend at all but it was still good. Their are family events the next two weekends but (fingers crossed) that I won't have to do too much this coming weekend and it's only a Saturday event. We shall see.....

No comments: