Saturday, April 12, 2008

A well-balanced Saturday

Today I feel that I did a good job of balancing out personal t0-do's and also checked off some work to-do's. Since I was up till 1:00 a.m. I decided to sleep in till about 9:00 and I took the first 30 minutes awake to just lay in bed in total solitude and I thoroughly enjoyed the quiet time. I got up around 10 to plenty of sunshine and puffy clouds, so I ventured out for a little 30 minute run despite the wind. I managed to dust my room and tidy up my bathroom before getting ready and running out to do those work things. All went smoothly and then I met up with Jen at 5:00 for some much needed pedicure-love (now my feet are happy) and then she suggested dinner at California Pizza Kitchen....delicious! When I lived in Colorado it was always a treat to drive up to Denver and eat at CPK so I was excited when the one in Green Hills opened in the fall. But I had not had the chance to eat there yet, so it was the perfect place to have dinner. We walked around the shops in the Hill Centre afterwards and got home around 8:00. I tackled the mounds of laundry as soon as we got home, enjoyed a glass of wine while watching the end of the Cubs game and some Sports Center (what guy wouldn't love a girl who actually enjoys watching ESPN Sports Center) and then made a quick phone call to catch up with a friend. I feel like despite some work duties, I was able to have some much needed me time and I know feel much better and am ready to take on another busy week!

No comments: