Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Running with my shadow...

So I wanted to take every advantage this afternoon to run outside since the sun was finally shining. It was an ideal afternoon weather wise with temps in the low 60's, a calm breeze and plenty of sunshine! I decided to go for a run on Belle Meade Boulevard since it's well traveled by runners/cyclists and safe for those going it alone.

I ran to my turnaround point for a 3 mile loop and noticed that I was running with my shadow (or should I say that my shadow was running with me). When I would hit the patches of sunshine, there my shadow would be...just like someone was running along side of me...encouraging me to keep on going. Of course, any time I hit a shaded spot I realized that it was back to just me and it made me feel alone :( But just when I was feeling alone, the sun would shine again and my shadow was back! And my thoughts quickly turned to my relationship with GOD.

Obviously, GOD is always with me and because of HIM, I am NEVER alone! (so thankful...) but often times when I am in the shaded spots and I can't "see" my shadow, I feel like I am alone. Add a little light and you get a visibility of the fact that you are NOT alone! I have faith and this assures me that I do have GOD walking besides me whether my life is dark or full of light. Kinda of made me think of that "Footprints in the Sand" poem (or Snowshoes in the Snow as my friend Tra'Cee says) that not matter where we go in life, GOD is always with us. And that puts a smile on my face, because I know that no matter what, through life's tough times, happy or sad times, HE is always by my side!

I finished my run strong and drove home feeling incredibly blessed and loved :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love that you run! I wish I could run. Not really. I don't think nature likes me that much. :)

Tag You're It - come see my blog to find out why. :)