Thursday, April 3, 2008

Shop Till You Drop

I love to shop and I have often heard and actually quoted the phrase "Shop till you drop"...well that is exactly what I've been doing most of this week. And the crazy thing, is that I can actually call it "work". Yes, you heard me right, I get paid to shop (just another perk). Although I think I actually did drop on Wednesday....I mean it really is work to shop all day and it can get pretty exhausting, running from store to store, loading the car, doing more shopping, loading the car again, driving all over town, unloading the car, going out for more shopping (you get the picture). I think I am just about (hold your breathe, mom) ALL SHOPPED OUT! Whew! At least I knew going into this week that it was going to be busy so I could somewhat prepare myself. And in spite of this busy work week, I have still managed to get in a couple workouts/runs, do my own errands, make a birthday gift for a friend, attend a worship service on Wednesday night and had a spontaneous dinner with a friend tonight.

This weekend will be my first working weekend in my new job. I work at Pottery Barn Kids on Friday night...what can I say, I can't give up my discount! And I have an event to work with my boss on Saturday and Sunday. It should be a lot of fun. And like I said before, it's hard to dread working a weekend, when your "work" doesn't seem like work but more like spending time with family. I just continue to feel so blessed to have this new job!

No comments: