Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just one of those days...

The sunshine is gone, yet again and dreariness is back. Perhaps that explains why I feel sleepy and gloomy today :( And let me tell you that it's hard to be productive when you feel sleepy and gloomy but I am trying to push through as best I can. I even walked to a local downtown coffee shop called Dunn Bros. Coffee in hopes that a Non-fat Vanilla Latte would jump start my day but I haven't seen the best results although it was quite tasty.

This week has been good thus far. Monday night's concert was SO much fun and then seeing sunshine and blue skies made for a great Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday night I did my Pilates class at the Y since i missed on Monday night. I have been taking one class a week for 6 weeks now and I am starting to feel a little stronger in my core and somewhat better posture because of it. I still find myself incredibly sore the two days following but it's such a great head to toe workout that I hope to keep up for a long while and eventually do two classes a week. Last night Jen and I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and go to Percy Warner Park and climb those stairs. I was able to finish up with work a bit early and so I was able to get in a little 2 mile run on the boulevard before she arrived. I mile marked the loop on Sunday afternoon so I guesstimated that we did about 4 miles last night (not including our 3 trips up the stairs). This would explain why I can barely move today :) And yet I have the Country Music Half Marathon in about 5 weeks....how on earth am I going to make it? I feel pretty discouraged with my runs lately and just cant seem to get in the groove. Argh! At least I have 3 friends that are running the Half so I am counting on their motivation/inspiration to pull me through.

Work has been steady and productive thus far. I am on the brink of some big work stuff so I am trying to enjoy any little "down time" that I have. I have a feeling by April 1 it's going to be crazy!! Just the calm before the storm!

I guess I should look on the brighter side...tomorrow is Friday, the sun will be shining again, I travel to West TN so the day will be busy and go by fast, I am having dinner with my girl friends and then my family will be here on Saturday. Should be a good weekend!

No comments: