Monday, March 2, 2009

Another weekend comes and goes

They go by so fast...weekends that is. It was a fairly relaxing weekend which was rather nice. On Friday night after work, I met up with Jen and we enjoyed pedicures at one of our favorite places in Green Hills. Now if the weather would just warm up already. I enjoyed sleeping in on Saturday morning and just getting some things done around the house. I then ventured to the Y to get in my 5mile run since it was cold and wet outside. Afterwards I headed to Franklin, to hang out with my friend Amy. Jon and Becky (our Sunday School teachers) came over around 1pm because Jon was helping Amy install a new light fixture in the guest room. Becky and I made ourselves useful by staying out of the way and it was so great to catch up with her. Amy and I ventured out in the cold, drizzly evening to grab dinner, quick errand run to Target, speedy shopping at the mall and then to see the movie "He's Just Not That Into You". She had already seen this movie and I was on the fence about wanting to see it, but she had free passes to use and wanted to see this again so we could discuss. It's not your typical romantic, feel-good, chick flick and I don't think I would see it again. There was definitely much to discuss and dissect and there is no better way to do that then over a beverage from Starbucks.

Sunday we awoke to ice/snow and thanks to Amy's stock of salt and her car ice scrapper, we were able to make it safely down her hilly driveway and on to Sunday School and church. I will say it again, I am SO ready for warmer weather! After church, we had a yummy breakfast at The Cracker Barrel. We watched another episode from the mini-series "John Adams" and then I headed back home. I enjoyed a relaxing evening at home, watched a movie, practiced my guitar and tried to mentally prepare myself for another work week.

No comments: