Monday, June 29, 2009

Saturday Stuff

Back to the summer Saturday routine...an hour long spin class at the Y followed by relaxing pool time. It was a real scorcher on Saturday...weather channel said 92 but felt like 100 degrees. HOT HOT HOT! I finished reading a book while hanging out in the pool and also spent some time under one of the big umbrella's. I don't know how anyone could be outside without a pool to dip in and cool off. I also kept my nalgene bottle full with cold ice water! I managed to last almost 4 hours at the pool (Yes, I used my SPF quite generously along with umbrella shade as to not burn).

Saturday night I went to a birthday dinner for my friend Katie at The Yellow Porch. I was excited to try a new restaurant and spend a summer evening outside with friends. The downside to sitting outside is the hot and humid weather but we only had about an hour of sunlight and there was a slight breeze after that helped a little. And another way to stay cool, is to enjoy a bottle of a refreshing wine like the Riesling that Amy, Brianna and I shared :) I think Katie enjoyed her birthday festivities and I enjoyed a Saturday night with friends, old and new.

I enjoyed my refreshing glass(es) of wine and meeting Katie's friend Missy.

Patrick (Katie's Boyfriend) organized her dinner with friends. Great job Patrick!

No comments: