Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cabin Fever

Those two words were the perfect description for me on Sunday morning. Our wintery mix became a winter storm and we ended up with a nice layer of ice, snow and more ice....about 4-5 inches of layers. I thankfully was able to work from home home on Friday and literally got snowed in. It really did feel like the city shut down on Saturday. Sure, it was nice to relax but by midday on Saturday I was growing restless. I did a little cleaning around the house, talked to some friends on the phone, read a little and watched more tv than I care to admit.

I was so happy to wake up to sunshine on Sunday and could barely wait for it to start melting stuff away. It only took me about 30 minutes to dig my car out and I was outta there. I went to Target, the Y to workout and to the grocery store.

It wasn't the weekend I had planned but I guess I should be thankful for the days of rest.

1 comment:

RU said...

yucka :( Sorry you are having all this freezing cold weather. My parents were hit by it also. I forget the rest of the country is under ice when we are a sunny 68 here. Won't you come and visit?? :)
Hugs
RU