Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm baaack...

You would think I sort of disappeared from the world of blogging but alas I am back. The past two weeks of a major proposal deadline at work combined with house/Chewy-sitting just zapped my efforts to keep up with my blog. Needless to say, things have been a bit busy lately and I have felt a bit out of sorts having not been in my own place and trying to make and adjust to temporary routines. I'm glad to report that the proposal deadline was met with flying colors and I think we submitted the best proposal we could despite the lack of experience or expertise we have regarding the specific building type. And I'm glad to report that the longer hours or drive time to/from the country did not detour my dedication to training for this half marathon. After struggling in August to fight against the running "burn-out", I kicked off Labor Day with a 10k race and am back on track to finish my training strong and cross the finish line in 20 days!

Anywho, I am back at home but I just returned from a somewhat busy weekend in Indiana. I got in around 8 o'clock on Friday night just in time to catch the end of yet another Chicago Cubs victory over the St. Louis Cardinals and celebrated with my mom at Starbucks. And in case you haven't visited your local Starbucks in the past 3 weeks, they have all of their delicious "Pumpkin Spice" drinks back on the menu. Which is always a sign to me that the fall season has arrived. I then returned home to my niece who having just consumed a chocolate glazed donut was roaring and ready to watch High School Musical 2. YEAH! Of course, once we got settled into watching this show (and it's quite the musical event...as only Disney could create) we both fell fast asleep.

Saturday started at 5:30 a.m. with a nice and cool (like 49 degrees "cool") 8.25 mile run with my dad...nothing like a crisp fall morning run to kick off the weekend...and I so enjoy the quality father/daughter time and conversation. (see, I told you I was rededicated to my training) I then spent the better part of the day running around doing errands with my mom. Since Holly and Elaysha had a work picnic to attend, my parents and I decided to eat dinner at Shyler's Memphis Pit Barbecue (one of my favorite spots back home). AND as if we even had any room left for dessert, my grandparents had everyone over for one last batch of home-made ice cream along with brownies, angel food cake, fresh cut strawberries, pumpkin bread and zucchini bread. I managed to show a little restraint and only had half a cup of ice cream and a brownie. And despite the belly aches, it was the perfect ending to a perfect day!

Then came Sunday, another full filled day that deserves it's own blog....stay tuned for more!

No comments: