Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Just another week...

Well it's only Tuesday of yet another week and I'm already wishing it was Friday. This past weekend was busy but not that "I'm so exhausted and it's Monday" kind of weekend. Friday night I worked at Pottery Barn Kids with Caron. Some would say "NO" to working on a Friday night but I only work about once a month (and love keeping my discount) and it's always a blast to work with Caron and the gang from PBK.
Saturday started out fairly early with a nice 7 mile run. And there's nothing better to follow a run with than a nice hour massage. Jen and I got this promotional package from the Brentwood Day Spa & Salon so we each got a hour massage for only $40 (which is a great price). From there it was back to the house to relax and watch the Cubs play. My friend Jen, who I nicknamed Alabama Jen, was in town so she came out to the country to relax with me and we had a great time just hanging out, catching up and sampling these mini-quiche I was baking for my Sunday School Class Progressive Dinner later that evening. I had never attended a progressive dinner before but it was such a good time of food, new friends and fellowship.
Sunday of course was church and then yet another visit from out-of-town friends. Robert, Melissa and Erin (friends from Pensacola...also friends of my sister...what can I say, I have to borrow Amy's friends to have friends :-) just kidding) had been in Ohio for the weekend and were kind enough to stop and lunch with me. I had to introduce them to Jonathan's Grille as it's one of my favorite Nashville spots to eat and for their sake, was also right off the interstate. It was fun to see them all again. From lunch it was back home to watch more baseball and then a whole lot of nothing. The perfect ending to another good weekend.

No comments: