Monday, July 27, 2009

Relaxing Weekend

Aaaah....to be able to have a relaxing weekend was such a joy. Friday was a much longer day than I had anticipated with work but at least it was Friday. It was almost 7pm by the time I got home. Since I had spent the better part of my day on the phone with people, I immediately put my phone on the charger and then went out to dinner with roomie. We tried a new place out off of Hwy 100 called "Brewhouse 100". It was a great little bar/restaurant and the food was delicious. By the time we got home, it was about that time to prepare for Saturday's workout/pool time.

Saturday morning was the usual...9:45 spin class for one hour. My friend Tammy met up with me for spin and then we showered off and enjoyed the blue skies and sunshine at the Y pool along with my Jen and Mike. It was the perfect day to be outside...it was warm but we still had a slight cool breeze so it wasn't totally unbearable. Around 3:30pm, I made a quick stop to check in on my bosses dog and then headed home for R&R. I vegged around the house, made a grocery store run and then made a pizza and watched my netflix disc of "Mad Men" Season 2.

Sunday was church (class and main service). We've been looking at different teachings from the book of Proverbs and this week we talked about Contentment. It was great conversation and teaching. I am so thankful we have Becky and Jon Lowe's leadership in our class. After the main service, the Lowe's had people over for an afternoon picnic and what turned into afternoon conversation lead to dinner time conversation and it was 8:00 pm before we left! I felt somewhat bad for taking up their whole day but sometimes when the fellowship is that sweet, you don't want to leave. We left from there and went to Amy's to watch "TrueBlood" and then I headed home and tried to prepare myself for another work week. Good times!

No comments: