Thursday, July 30, 2009

So sleepy

I don't know what my deal has been this week but I have been tired/borderline exhausted. I guess I am truly that person that needs 8 hours of sleep to feel rested. I am fortunate to be able to fall asleep easily and I almost always wake up to my alarm and not a minute earlier. The past couple of weeks I have been able to get up around 6:15 am and get in a run at the gym before starting my work day but this past week has seemed nearly impossible. I am dead asleep when my alarm sounds at 6 and despite it's annoying beeps, it's no mission for this top-gun snoozer!
Common sense tells me that I should go to sleep earlier if I want to wake up earlier but it's near impossible for me to be in bed, sleeping by 10 pm. My attempts at getting to bed early are usually fizzled by being online, being out late with friends, or watching tv. I guess the only way to solve this problem is to enforce upon myself a bedtime curfew...like no computer or tv after 10 pm! I guess if I was truly motivated to workout early, then I would figure out a way to get to bed at a reasonable hour. Of course, having a work event last night that meant putting in a 12 hour day plus not even getting home until 10 pm does not support the "early riser" plan. Nor, does this gloomy/cloudy/rainy weather support the "rise-n-shine" plan either.

Is it possible that I'll be able to give up my late-night habits? One can only hope.........

1 comment:

RU said...

ME TOO... I can't seem to get enough sleep. What's the deal???