Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thursday Night Fun

I can't tell you the last time that I had this much fun on a school night and I was so happy to be able to have some quality time with my roomie Jen. We met up in Green Hills after work and started the fun with pedi's at The Venetian. We then headed to El Palinque for a delicious dinner of cheap mexican food. Deliciousness! Then we headed downtown to 3rd & Lindsley to see Sandra McCracken. And despite the late show time of 9:30 pm...I know...but it's late for me on a school night....it was the best way to end the day and kick off the weekend. This was actually her cd release party for her new cd "Live Under Lights and Wires" and if you are a fan of acoustic/singer/songwriter/folk music then this cd is a must have. Sandra, along with fellow musician Derek Webb (her husband and former member of Caedmon's Call) played alongside her on the record and provided BGV. They both played the live show last night which consisted of playing the new record in its entirety. AND along with our admission to the show last night (an inexpensive $10 cover) we also got a free copy of the new record. SCORE!

We actually made it through the 10th song (the record consists of 16 tracks) before having to head home (It was 11:00 pm). Listening to the music was definitely like a breath of fresh air and has rekindled my fire to continue with my guitar lessons (I've taken a summer hiatus from lessons).

No comments: