Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Weekend recap

My weekend started out superb because a group of girlfriends (mostly those that I once worked with at TMP) met for Happy Hour at a new place in The Gulch called Urban Flatts. I had never been in this restaurant before but it has a great vibe to it and a delicious variety of flatbreads. And well...let's not forget the fun of happy hour...drinks! And being the tea fanatic that I am, a Wicked Arnold Palmer(Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka and lemonade) was right up my alley. It had been close to a year since we had all been together last and we had all kinds of fun news to share. Melissa and Rebecca are now mom's, Cathryn just got married, Mary is going to be a first-time mom and Jennifer (my roomie) just got engaged! It was such a great night to celebrate each other and friendships and I am definitely thankful for these girls!!

Saturday morning took me to my usual routine of spin class at 9:45 and then pool time. Of course there was sunshine in the morning but seems like lately by the time spin class is over at 11 am the clouds descend and the sunshine is no more. Well this didn't detour me from enjoying the pool. I went to my friend Heather's place and we were out from about noon till 3:30. Clearly there was sunshine through clouds and despite use of SPF 15...I got a little too much sun :( I thought I pretty much had a base tan, but I guess after almost 3 weeks of no weekend pool time, I wasn't protected enough. Oh well! Around 4'ish, Heather and I ventured to downtown Franklin as I wanted to go to one of my favorite stores called Rock Paper Scissors. They were launching a new line of paper products called "Sugar Paper" and you could also enjoy cupcakes and champagne and a 10% discount. I also hadn't been in since probably around Christmas time so it was fun to see what all they had in stock and I managed to find some great stuff in their clearance section too! From there, we walked around downtown until our friends Stacey and Amy met us for dinner at 6pm at Puckett's, another new place that I had never eaten at. It's an old historic (like most of downtown Franklin) grocery store that is also a restaurant and because the weather was amazing (think crisp 70's with NO humidity) we took advantage and ate outside. Since I had nothing more than some pretzels for lunch, I was plenty hungry and enjoyed a real burger and sweet potato fries. YUMMY! What a great way to spend a Saturday.

So then Sunday came and I spent the day in bed :( I don't think I have any of the nasty sick bugs that I have heard going around but rather my own concoction of too much sun (more like cloud burn) from Saturday, along with a headache and a sore throat. That combination along with fatigue kept me home all day on Sunday. Of course, sometimes I think that laying around all day can make you feel worse and I found myself struggling yesterday to get through the work day. I just felt lethargic. Regardless, I pushed through my work day and forced myself to do 5:45 spin class despite having a substitute instructor.

I am so particular about my spin instructor's and last night's sub...well....I wouldn't take her class again if you paid me. Thankfully, I knew a sub would be there so I brought my own tunes to spin to. Her mix of tribal beats and voodoo music is NOT my motivator to spin hard. AND I don't like an instructor that is super chatty or peppy....like the fact that she said "Come on, guys" some 100 times made me want to poke my eyes out! I am just thankful that with spin you can control your own intensity and I was able to get a decent workout from it. I'll be glad when Charlene is back next Monday.

Thankfully, I feel back to myself this morning and am already counting down the days until the weekend!

No comments: