Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Busy-ness

Do you ever wonder about the how or why of being busy? As we hit the halfway mark of yet another month, life continues to be moving at warp speed. At this rate, I'm afraid that I'll wake up tomorrow and it will be Thanksgiving. Sheesh!

Work is busy...SUPER busy and about to be SUPER DUPER busy with the return of my boss next week. My "social" calendar is also rapidly approaching "busy" status as I have something on my calendar everyday until next Monday and then another 5 day stretch of social activities starts again. My "workout" calendar is busy because I am trying to stay disciplined to following the training schedule at hand for my upcoming half marathon. Looks like with the increased evening activities I am going to have to make the switch to running in the a.m. And if you know me at all, you know how vital it is for my own sanity to have "alone time"....where do I find time to fit that in???

1 comment:

cathryn said...

I frequently wonder about the "why and how" of busy. :) I think rampant over-busyness and over-scheduling has become such an ingrained part of our society, that we don't even question its validity anymore or its potential toll on our emotional, mental and physical well-being.

I do think there are other cultures that have healthier, more balanced attitudes towards busyness.