Sunday, September 27, 2009

Finally feeling like fall

Can i just tell you that it felt so great to wake up this morning and see the sunshine along with blue skies and crisp autumn breezes after what was 10 days of gloomy rain storms and humidity. I hope that this fall like weather will stick around for a while. It's been a great weekend and I actually don't feel any sort of dread for the work week. Life is Good :)

I am quickly approaching the Half Marathon date and my training is going really good. I wasn't able to do the Shelby Bottom Boogie 15K on Saturday morning because it was stormy (think clashes of thunder and lightning bolts) but since I was up early, I headed to the gym and did my 9 miles. And thanks to my boredom, I increased my speed the last 3 miles and finished in a good time of 1:34:15. I'm feeling really good with my long runs and hope that the feelings last long enough to finally grab a personal best for the Evansville Half Marathon on October 11th. My goal is to finish in under 2 hours and 30 minutes (my training pace of 11 min. miles would equal 2:20 but I'm giving myself some lead way). My fastest (which is really slow) time to finish was when I did the Evansville Half Marathon in 2007 and finished with a time around 2:45. Here's hoping that I don't fall apart in the next two weeks.

No comments: