Sunday, September 20, 2009

"Personal" Day

So I took a "personal" day on a Sunday. I had such a full weekend of birthday parties and was a little on people overload so after getting a good night's sleep on Saturday night (just shows you how exhausting it can be, being around people) I woke up on Sunday and decided to take a "personal day". Nope, it didn't require me to get time off approved, but I made the conscience decision to skip church and indulge in some "me" time. Clearly it was the best option!

I had to be up early so that I could take care of my bosses dog so after doing that errand I went to the grocery store. Here is where i realized that the best time of day to do grocery shopping in Nashville is around 9:00 am'ish. My guess would be that either people were in church or tailgating for the first home game of the TN Titans because the grocery store was like a ghost town. Talk about little slice of heaven :) I grabbed Starbucks, a muffin and the Sunday paper and spent a solid hour at home enjoying my morning. Then I went into productive mode for the next 4 hours and cleaned/organized my closets (clothes, shoes, cd's, handbags), my dresser, under-the-bed storage, bookshelves and bathroom cabinet. I took a late lunch around 3pm and then returned some phone calls from friends and then headed back to Green Hills to take care of the dog yet again and then did my 8 miles on the treadmill. Whew....it was too rainy outside to run so thankfully I had the Emmy Red Carpet Coverage to keep me distracted and motivated (nothing like seeing the skinny starlets in glamorous designer dresses to keep this fat girl running). Other than feelings of boredom, my fun was good and I managed to finish in 1:23:08. I'm feeling great about my training this time around.

Of course after running, I sent a couple work emails since I was at the mini-mansion (where my work laptop is) and then headed home to eat (my stomach was growling during the drive home...guess that's what happens when you burn over 1100 calories running). I took a quick hot soak in the tub cause I thought it would feel good on my legs but I was quickly reminded how much I hate being in the bath tub...UGH! Well let me re-phrase that, if I had a garden tub that i could fully submerse myself in, I would take a bath every night. However that is not the case and I simply don't fit in a standard bath tub so it's not a pleasurable or relaxing experience. I grabbed some dinner and watched a little bit of "You've Got Mail", one of my favorite fall movies, and then talked to my friend Caron before bed time.

It was a great day and I realized that i should definitely take more "personal" days! Life is good!

2 comments:

RU said...

FUN! Sounds like a good weekend ending :) Glad it was a restorative day for you.

Jen said...

so glad you had a restful day! I know you needed it and hope you're ready to go for the week or 10 ahead. :) Excited about your training - sounds like you're finding your passion for it again.