Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Run Run Run

Could it be that I have finally found my groove for running again? I'm telling you for awhile there I wasn't sure that I'd ever enjoy running again but the past 7 weeks of disciplined training is paying off and I'm starting to feel comfortable in running distance again. Hallelujah :) And just in time....I'm running the Evansville Half Marathon on October 11th and as I'm approaching the half way mark in training, I actually feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

With my dad in tow, we did The Franklin Classic 10k on Labor Day. Of course, I had to tweak my training schedule to accommodate a race on a Monday but did a spin class on Saturday (45 mins of cardio) and took Sunday as a rest day. I knew what I wanted to goal myself but I'm always apprehensive about setting a time goal because I tend to freak myself out, panic and then ruin my run. Thankfully, this wasn't the case on Monday.

My goal and comfortable pace averages around a 11 minute mile. I knew this course was hilly so I could prepare mentally but I forgot just how hilly it was. Nevertheless, I seemed to be on goal at each mile marker and here is my final time: Gun Time=1:10:16 Chip Time=1:09:28 Pace=11:13. I am not going to lie...I am pleased! This just backs up one of my personal running mottos "Slow and Steady finishes the race".

1 comment:

RU said...

Good Job friend :) Cheering you on from afar :)
I am really looking forward to running the Arizona half with you :) BIG HUG