Thursday, August 20, 2009

Not my ideal "vacay"

I guess this vacation was just another example of why it's good to not build up big expectations when planning a vacation that correlates with weather cooperation. I arrived in Pensacola on Friday and saw a beautiful sunset and that was pretty much all I saw of the sunshine (with the exception of a few cloudy covered sunrays on Tuesday). We had planned to spend pool time on Saturday but we had to change plans because it was completely overcast. Sunday was more of the same and then I headed to Panama City Beach just in time to arrive for Tropical Storm Anna. Monday was such a rainy day so I took full advantage and worked all day (at least I had this option so I could save my vacation days). Tuesday I woke up to sunshine so I took advantage and went for a run only to watch the cloud cover move off of the beach and then the sun was gone, yet again. I did actually take the day off on Tuesday and enjoyed some quiet time by the pool and read a book. Probably the most relaxing day of my trip! But with the weather forecast not looking promising, I decided to call it and headed back to Pensacola to work my way back to Nashville. I realized when i was driving away from PCB that I didn't get one picture of the beach so I pulled to the side of the road outside of Seaside, FL and snapped these photos. Another storm was coming in but it made these pictures look perfect.

I love how this picture is like the perfect beach-made aisle that leads you to the ocean...gorgeous

I guess there are always blessings in disguise like the fact that I was able to attend Seven22 (midweek service at my sister's church) and was incredibly blessed and refreshed by worship and the teaching. And I also got to spend some time catching up with Pensacola friends. I actually spent the entire day on Wednesday working in FL (how did I get sooo much work that needed to be done?!?) and then headed back to Nashville. It was a long drive and I got back later than I had hoped, but it saved me having to take time off and it was such a productive day. It all worked out for the best in the end!

2 comments:

RU said...

OH BOY-do I understand this disappointment! I'm so sorry friend! If you come to Arizona for a visit, you will be sure to get sunshine- over 300 days/year of it here :)

Terah Lynn said...

I am SO taking you up on that vacay offer :)