Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekend O' Birthday Fun

What a great weekend I had back in Indiana. It was such a nice break to be able to get out of town and spend such quality time with my family. I pray that I never take my family for granted...they are such a blessing and a joy! Here's a little recap:

  • Had dinner with my mom and dad at Hacienda (my favorite local Mexican restaurant)
  • Enjoyed Starbucks and wandered around Barnes & Noble with my mom after yummy dinner.
  • Went to bed by 10 pm so that I could actually wake up at 5:30 am to run in Evansville Half Marathon 5k training race with my daddy-o.
  • Completed 5k race with an "unofficial" time of 31:45...not too shabby.
  • Spent about 5 hours with my mom shopping (my mom has a little ritual of shopping by herself for her birthday but was kind enough to let me tag along).
  • Visited with my grandma on Saturday afternoon while waiting for my mom to grill delicious steaks for dinner.
  • Scarfed down delicious steaks for dinner and then rushed to meet Tiffany to watch the new movie "Julie & Julia".
  • Was in bed again by 10 pm because of exhausting day spent with family.
  • Barely woke up in time (almost 12 hours of sleep, really?) to make it to church with my sister Holly.
  • Over indulged in Sunday birthday celebration lunch with my family and grandparents at Sirloin Stockade (think buffet on drugs).
  • Suffered death by birthday cake and ice cream...resulting in an hour "food coma" nap on my parents couch.
  • Still recovering from said food coma, I managed to drag all my belongings to my car and drive back to Nashville.

That pretty much sums up my weekend at home. Here are a couple pictures for your viewing pleasure:

I have the most beautiful niece in the world (ok...I'm a little bias)


Happy 57th to my mom (August 9th) and Happy 84th to my grandpa (August 11th)
The birthday father and daughter
Me and my sweet grandparents.

3 comments:

Amy Nikole said...

Great pics sis! Thanks for capturing the moments for me:) See ya soon!!

cathryn said...

I don't think you're biased at all - your niece is definitely most beautiful!

And I love how she's always so bright and animated in the photos you post - too cute!! :)

Jen said...

precious times :)