Friday, August 14, 2009

Vacay Time

Finally...I have survived the insane work schedule of this summer and am heading to the sunshine state for some much needed R&R.  I did a little bit of work stuff before heading out of town yesterday and made the drive to Pensacola to spend the weekend with my sister, Amy.  I arrived just in time to enjoy some fresh seafood.  We ate dinner at The Crab Trap in downtown Pensacola. It's a new place right down on Pensacola Bay and we had a great table with a beautiful picture window view of the bay.  I enjoyed a piece of grilled Amberjack, Corn on the Cob and Steamed Potatoes.  We took some pictures outside as the sun was setting but I haven't uploaded them yet (I'll post them later).  We came back to the house were Amy is house-sitting and killed a little time until meeting up with her roomie, Erin to see "The Time Traveler's Wife".  I read the book two summers ago and really didn't enjoy it for the simple fact that it was so hard to follow.  The movie itself was much better and thankfully, not as emotionally draining as I had expected!

Tomorrow's plan is to sleep in a little, go to the gym and workout (glad I'll be able to get in a run) and then lounge poolside after.  In the evening, we are going to drive out to Jay and spend some time with Bryan in his studio.  I am so excited about getting the opportunity to actually sing/record in a studio.  This is something that is on my "bucket list".  As much as I have always loved music and singing, I have always longed for the chance to record in a studio.  I'm sure it will be an experience to blog about! Sunday will be church and hopefully meet up with some friends and then I'm driving over to Panama City Beach to meet up with my aunt Tammy and cousin Tiffany.  This is our annual "girls" trip and we have a condo for the week.  So excited that I can hardly stand it.

YEAH FOR VACAY!

No comments: