Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Da Blues...

To say this week started off on the wrong foot would be a slight understatement. There was some workplace "drama" as we like to call it in our office and I'm feeling a little beat down by it to tell you the truth. Most people that truly know me, know that I have a strong work ethic so you can understand the shock and sadness that I felt when that was called into question. And it's not in my character to retaliate against false accusations by being malicious in return...for two reasons...it's simply not who I am and it's not how GOD calls me to respond. I am instructed to "turn the other cheek" and so that is what I am going to do. AND as my best friend Caron often says, "Build a bridge and get over it" :)

So on to some positive news... I started a new study this past Friday night with a group of people from our Thirties Singles Sunday School class and I am pretty excited about it. We are going to be working through a video/workbook called "When Worldviews Collide". Here is the synopsis of the material:


Perhaps more than ever before, our culture is being influenced by non-Christian belief systems. Here's a new small-group study written by a former Muslim designed to develop a Christian's theology and doctrine for the purpose of building confidence in personal evangelism and engaging their culture with absolute biblical truth. In addition, it helps adults identify ways false teachings make an impact on our society and to take actions that promote a biblical worldview. Other faiths covered include Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, and Buddhist

Jon and Becky (my Sunday School teachers) are leading us through this study and Jon asked us all to share either about someone of another religion we have had an experience with or to share why we wanted to do this study. For me, I have a firm foundation in my own faith but I struggle when it comes to sharing with others and truly understanding the differences among other religions and how they relate to Christianity. I hope to gain some insight into these other worldviews and to also strengthen my own relationship with God. AND I am sure you'll read more to come about this study in the days ahead...

(Side Note: I had previously posted a blog about this study but in my attempts to change some settings I accidentally deleted this post and temporarily blocked out others from reading my blog. SORRY! but everything should be back to normal)

1 comment:

Gibbarella said...

DRAMA IN OUR OFFICE NEVER! SOMETIMES WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS SO KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND LET YOUR FRIENDS BE YOUR UMBRELLA. -KG