Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's About Time...

Dare I even say it but I think I might actually be getting over this lingering cold. I did go back to the doctor on Tuesday since I'd been feeling blah for over a week. They did blood work (which is normal, PRAISE GOD) and the doctor thinks I just have your good ole' common cold. The "cold" that can drag on for a week or longer and of course you just have to let it ride it's course. There are no wonder drugs or antibiotics to be given out so I will admit that I was a little disappointed that all I got was a lousy nasal spray BUT I think it's actually working :) At this point, I had already resolved to just get better regardless but I really think I am going to kick this stubborn cold.

Just in time too! Because the holiday travels and my laziness from being sick is O-V-E-R. It's time to lace up those running shoes and hit the road. I am doing the Nashville Predators Fangtastic 5k again this year with my dad and it's only 2 weeks away. Mind you it's only 3 miles and I ran that a week ago before I got sick but nevertheless. I REALLY want to do the Nashville Country Music Half Marathon especially since last year I had to sit the sidelines due to whatever illness my body was battling. That means training and discipline need to happen immediately, if not sooner. I'm ready to run...

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hooray for feeling better and for hitting the pavement! :-)

RU said...

When is that half marathon? I really want to do that one with you this year! Keep me posted and happy running- hit the dirt trails and save your knees and hips.