Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year

On the eve of this New Year, Amy and I enjoyed a relaxing morning sleeping in but ventured out to Pensacola Beach in the late afternoon. She took me to Peg Leg Pete's Oyster Bar for a late lunch/early dinner and I was able to enjoy the most delicious and fresh Grouper sandwich ever. We then headed down to the beach to enjoy the sunshine, walk on the beach, take pictures and watch the last sunset of 2007. Here are a couple pictures from our time at the beach:




After the sunset and the temperatures fell, we headed back to the house to get ready for our evening o' fun. I was actually able to get in a disco nap too which comes in handy when you are up till 4 am. Alabama Jen came over and we all got ready together. We headed to see Hundredfold play at a church in Pace, FL. It was definitely a good time and a fun way to ring in the New Year. And of course I'd like to give a big shout out to AL Jen for bringing her "Box of Americana" so we could all be adorned with festive hats, noisemakers, etc.


Happy New Year!


Me, Jen and Amy with a special appearance by Derrick

Robert and James embracing the party favors.
With friends on New Years

Well the party didn't end when the clock struck midnight. Some of us ventured on to the Waffle House for our first meal of 2008. Good food and great conversation...a great way to start this new year.

This by far exceeded my typical New Years ritual of staying home, watching a movie and journaling into the New Year. I feel incredibly blessed with the friends God has brought into my life in the past year and I cannot wait to see what HE has in store for 2008!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

1 comment:

cathryn said...

Great photos - looks like lots o' fun was had!