Friday, January 18, 2008

Service with a Smile

Tonight myself along with 7 others from our 30's Sunday School Group went to the Ronald McDonald House to provide and serve dinner to the families staying there. Myself and Brianna met up to pick up the food we had catered for the families and got there about 30 minutes early so I enjoyed getting to talk to her. I had planned the food portion and was a little nervous that we wouldn't have enough but as always, everything came together. We served about 15-20 people and had some opportunities to talk with them. It's hard to see these families in their struggles and suffering. I've always heard people say that the worse thing a parent can go through is watching their child suffer. I can't even imagine what those families or parents go through on a daily basis. The only thing I feel led to do is pray...pray for an extra measure of strength and peace for those parents, pray for healing for those children and also give thanks to GOD for all that HE will do. I am thankful that the God I serve is a BIG GOD!

No comments: