Thursday, August 14, 2008

Another Busy Week

Well it has been another busy week and I am really glad that tomorrow is Friday. My week started off extremely busy as we had another big event in West TN. This time we hosted a political fundraiser for Senator Lamar Alexander and the pressure was on because I planned the majority of this event while the family was out of the country so I felt like it was pretty much an event that was on me. It was an early day on Monday and I spent the majority of the day helping set up for the event (we hosted the event outdoors at their home so we had rented tents, air conditioners, tables, chairs, etc.) Thankfully it was not 100 degrees outside that day and everyone was comfortable being outside. I received plenty of kudos for pulling off another successful event. It also helps that I've now done several events in West TN and I have found some great vendors to work with :) and that only makes my job that much easier. I think I have spent the rest of this week recovering from Monday but the job simply doesn't stop. I am helping plan for a business dinner on the 25th that will be here at their home in Nashville and then another big fundraising event in September at their home in East TN. I have been working on some of those vendor contacts this week. Sometimes as of late I feel more like an event planner than a personal assistant. Lucky for me I totally enjoy both!

I am looking forward to going out with the girls tomorrow night and I'm planning on taking my camera so hopefully I'll have some pics to post after the fact. I also need to get back on my running track. Just when I think i have my training schedule scheduled everything gets jumbled up. I got in a 4 mile run last night which was good but I'm not running as consistently as I should. I gotta step it up which means getting in some runs this weekend too! And if the weather cooperates, I plan to get in some more pool time.

No comments: