Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday...Yippee!

I don't think I have ever looked so forward to a friday as I have today. It has been a super busy work week and emotionally draining. So, it's should be no surprise that I am excited for a weekend. And I am driving back to Indiana to spend the weekend with my family.
My dad and I are participating in the first training run (5k race) for the Evansville Half Marathon. The race is tomorrow at 8am and I am already dreading the fact that it's going to be hot and humid, no doubt. This week has been a little bit harder to get in my training runs but at least with it only being 3 miles I know that I should do fine. I have definitely been running more and it's amazing at how quick the body begins to get comfortable with adding mileage. Doesn't mean that my runs are always easy or enjoyable but at least the muscle memory seems to be coming back. I am also excited because my friens Tammy is doing the Half Marathon with her sister and she will be at the training runs as well. Since she lives up by Chicago and I haven't seen her in a while, I am looking forward to seeing her over the next 3months of doing these runs.
I am also getting in a hair appointment while I am home :) Normally I go ever 8 weeks for cut and color but with the 4th of July weekend and scheduling conflicts I was not able to go in July so it's been more like 12 weeks and it ain't pretty. My hair grows so fast so when you get color done it's hard to maintain. Anyways, I will get back to my blonde roots and I am also contemplating a new cut. We shall see...
My family is going to be entertaining another family from church that is in town visiting so I am going to stay at Holly and Elaysha's home so that will be fun time for sure. Now that I have figured out how to take and post video perhaps I'll capture some more fun times this weekend.

No comments: