Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hot Humid Race

Well just as expected, it was a terribly hot and humid 5k on Saturday morning. The race didn't start until 8am and it was already 86 degrees outside with what felt 90% humidity! YUCK! The main thing is that I finished but my race results were not-so-good....I finished 540 out of 794 runners with a time of 34:17 and a pace of 11:12. So slow which I am blaming some of that on the weather. I clearly have lots of work to do before the 10k on Sept. 6th and I hope to see improvements and I am also going to start praying for cooler weather on that day. I waited to cheer on my friend Tammy across the finish line before I realized that it was already almost 9 am and I had a hair appointment at 9:15. Since the race was held at the YMCA in Evansville, I took a quick shower and headed to get my hair done. Here's my headshot:
Due to busy summer schedules, I had not been able to get in to see my hairdresser in 3 months so I was so happy to get my hair done...I got almost 2 inches cut off and had my color touched up. It feels so much better already!

1 comment: