Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Keith Urban makes it look easy...

I'm talking about his guitar talent. I had my first guitar lesson last night and while I am so excited to learn how to play...it's going to take a lot of work and patience and practice. My friend Patrick is giving me lessons so it's fun to learn with a friend. I honestly couldn't stop smiling from just holding the guitar...I felt like a silly school girl with a crush. I just love music!

He had a basic chord sheet for me and I actually played (or at least attempted to) the D,A,E,C,G chords and learned to read the chord sheet. We went over some basics, how to hold the pick, how to strum, etc. My homework for this week is to work on the D,A,E chords and to work on getting a clear sound. Finger placement is key and it's going to take a while for me to train my fingers how to bend just so. I also now have an excuse (not that i need one) to get a manicure this week and get my fingernails filed down. I never thought my nails were long but they were long enough to get in the way so they will go bye bye.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm sooo jealous! =)

RU said...

coolio :) I miss playing the guitar!
Such a great skill to have- given your love for music I am surprised you have waited this long to pick it up. GOOD FOR YOU, Girlfriend :)