Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend Fun with Friends!

I love it when weekend include fun with friends. Friday night a group of us went out to hear the band, The Four Kicks (think classic rock, Pete Yorn and the slightest sound of The Beatles) at this great little venue called The Rutledge (one of my fave places to hear live music in Nashville). The show didn't start till 9 pm and the Rutledge just happens to be next to a great little Mexican restaurant so some of us met up around 7pm for margaritas and Mexican food. Thankfully The Four Kicks played first, because the 2nd band was not good so we migrated outside to hang on the patio. Here are a couple group pics:
Mike, Me, Katie and Patrick

Saturday I had registered to run the Predators Fangtastic 5k along with a friend from Sunday School, Holly. Thankfully the race didn't start until 10 am so it warmed up some and the wind off the river wasn't too bad. Holly finished in around 32 mins and I followed around 33 mins and then we enjoyed bagels and fruit at the finish line. It was so fun to have someone else at the race and I very much enjoyed our conversation. I feel like I have made a new friend. Part of this race of course, is you get free tickets to the Predators Hockey Game that night. Knowing this in advance, I organized a small group of friends from church to go to the game and it was a good time. I hadn't been to a hockey game in almost two years....much different from my CO days when we went to 1 game a month for about 7 months....but it all comes back rather quickly and you cant help but stand up and cheer every time a goal is scored and the loud horn blows!!

Predators Hockey at the Sommet Center in Downtown Nashville

Holly, Mike and I Tim and I
Sunday was church and then I did lunch with friends and then some errands while I was in Franklin. It was a pretty low key day and I tried as best I can to get mentally prepared for another work week. Ugh!

No comments: