Monday, February 2, 2009

Mondays

How come Mondays always seem to come so fast but it takes such a long time to get to a weekend? Just something I am pondering today....

I had a good weekend though. I finally found my way to the gym on Friday night seeing that I had not been all week and I also took that dreadful step on the scale. I was glad to have not gained any weight or lost for that matter....just holding my own. But I will say that for a vacation and then not really working out all week, I'll take no change in the numbers. However this week, I will most definitely hope to see some loss. This is the official start week of training for yet another half marathon....the Country Music Half Marathon to be specific. I have friends coming from Colorado to run with me and I am very excited. I also bought new running shoes on Saturday so I am excited to actually run without shoe pains. And on top of running, tonight is the first of 2 introductory classes to Pilates at the YMCA. I have heard so many great things about these pilate machines and I can't wait to incorporate this into my workout.

Another weekend highlight was going to Escape Day Spa with Jen. This was actually our Christmas celebration...that's right...nothing like celebrating Christmas on January 31st. Jen enjoyed the hot stone massage and I enjoyed the aromatherapy massage. I may not be the most "touchy-feely" person but I do enjoy a good massage! From there we had a delicious lunch at California Pizza Kitchen and then got our new shoes from Fleet Feet Sports. We got home around 4pm...the perfect time to take a late afternoon nap. I also very much enjoyed seeing blue skies and sunshine and temperatures above 50 degrees this weekend. After church and lunch on Sunday, Crazy Amy and I grabbed a book and headed to Arrington Vineyards. It was so nice to sit outside on their deck, enjoy a glass of wine and read. We closed the place down!

No comments: