Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekends are never long enough...

At least that's what I think! If only the work week would go by as fast as the weekends do. I do think I enjoyed most of it. Friday night, Jen and I grabbed dinner at Jonathans and just vegged at home. Saturday morning, I survived a 5 mile run and then hung out with Crazy Amy before having some friends over on Saturday night to watch a movie. We saw "Body of Lies" and I give it about a 5...mainly because I feel like we don't need another action-movie plot that deals with terrorists issues. Been there...seen that! Sunday was church and then I worked at PBK. Sunday evening I enjoyed being at home, watching the Oscars while going through the Sunday paper, giving myself a mani and eventually falling asleep on the couch. It's been so cold this weekend and I've taken every opportunity to be indoors. I am so ready for warmer weather. Where in the world is Spring?

This work week should go by pretty fast especially because I have stuff going on every night this week. Tonight I am going to a live taping of Legends and Lyrics with my friend Cathryn. I am excited for multiple reasons. First off, it's live music and a songwriters in the round event...that's almost always a good thing. Secondly, I have never been to a live taping of any type of TV show and this is something that is going to air on American Public Television and will air on PBS in April of 2009. Thirdly, the artists we get to see tonight are, Dwight Yoakam, Amy Lee (Evanescence), Gavin DeGraw and The Duhks (Rising Star). I really like Amy Lee of Evanescence and can't wait to hear them all LIVE!

No comments: