Sunday, February 8, 2009

Warm Wonderful Weekend

There is not too much that can make a weekend more wonderful than warm weather and by warm I mean mid 70's (happy sigh). It has been so nice to see blue skies, white puffy clouds and sunshine and I definitely made sure to take advantage of it this weekend. Last week of work was so busy and at times confining so to be outside this weekend was just that...wonderful. Saturday morning after sleeping in a bit, I went to Bellemeade Boulevard to get in a little 3 mile run. Today after church, lunch and a couple quick errands, I went to Percy Warner Park and did the infamous Stairs (climbing/running trails down) 4 times in fact. It was like I just couldn't get enough of the great outdoors. Even driving around with my windows rolled down was refreshing. Now, I just have to break it to myself gently, that we still have more cold weather to endure before spring really arrives. But I think I'll live in denial just a little longer :)

1 comment:

Running said...

4 times!?!?!?!? My legs hurt just picturing that torture! I'm so glad you had such a nice weekend though. It certainly was beautiful!